[lbo-talk] Middle Class

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Oct 6 14:19:40 PDT 2005

True enough, but it's another matter to talk about this in the first person.

Doug

^^^ CB: If I understand your implication, I'd say a lot of the people I say commenting about the socalled middle class disappearing, are a bit concerned that they will fall into hardtimes themselves. In the back of their minnd is "I might fall out of the middle class...into"

...(The Other class "lower class" is inutterable unutterable , like "Yahweh", ineffable. Nobody mentions the Lower Class, hardly ever)

So, the lower class is a secret class , too. Two secret classes and a big loud Middle Class, that is disappearing. Who says Americans don't have a dialectical conception of class.