[lbo-talk] Teamsters endorse Million Workers' Movement

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sat Oct 8 11:52:59 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Max B. Sawicky -Unlike the ANSWER group, these people have actually been leaders. Of lots of people. -As speakers, they're as good as any -politician.

-In light of some of the deficiencies of some of the leaders of this campaign, Nathan, Kim Jong-Il doesn't look so bad.

I actually don't understand what you're saying. Of course leadership is often mixed and has deficiencies. I justify support for the Dems and lots of leftwing campaigns on that basis. The problem with ANSWER is that they aren't "leaders" in any real sense.

Leaders build long-term movements which ANSWER has failed to do. The very fact that you and others say people can show up and ignore ANSWER shows that failure.

When the Millions More March converges on Washington, I bet people are actually listening to the stage. I may not agree with all of it or even a lot of it, but I'll know that it actually has resonance with many in the audience. And the organizers of the march will have non-march followup in the community in building longer term organizing strategies.

That's leadership.

As for Kim Jong Il, why the flippant comparison to that mass murderer?

-- Nathan -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051008/82f6dce1/attachment.htm>