[lbo-talk] culture jamming

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:02:55 PDT 2005

Mark LeVine's new book looks very good. Blurbed by Mike Davis, Tom Frank, Joel Beinin and other notables. One of the recurring themes is culture jamming. http://www.oneworld-publications.com/books/why-they-dont-hate-us.htm PART I: Who are They, Where'd They Come From, and Why Do(n't) They Hate Us--Yet? Chapter One: From Evil to Empathy: The Orient Beats Back the Axis of Arrogance Chapter Two: Overcoming the Matrix, Re-Imagining Middle Eastern History

PART TWO: Branding Islam in the Global Era Chapter Three: Grounding the Globalization Concorde Chapter Four: New Logo: Rebranding the Middle East in the Global Era Chapter Five: Beyond bin Laden: Human Nationalisms versus Inhuman Globalization Chapter Six: Facing the Music: Rock and Resistance in the Middle East and North Africa

PART THREE: We're Jammin': Global Solidarity in the Post-9/11 World Chapter Seven: Paris '68 — Baghdad '04: The Evolution of a Movement of Movements Chapter Eight: Inspiring the Impossible: The Global Peace and Justice Movement Between Old Problems and New Horizons Conclusion: Chaos and Culture Jamming in Iraq and the World

-- Michael Pugliese