[lbo-talk] "Move the goalposts, wingnuts!"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:55:55 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Tom Walker wrote:
>
> >Nothing -- short of sustained, mass civil disobedience -- will
> >alter this political equation.
>
> Disobedience of what laws, by whom, where, when?

These are precisely the questions that cannot be answered in advance. Tom rightly cites Sheehan's Camp Casey -- which isn't quite illegal. And his reference to consumption decisions is _truly_ not the kind of consumption politics that I have attacked in the past. All his suggestions point towards, are consistent with, Gramsci's manuring metaphor. Your questions point back to the the dormitory bull session or the grad seminar.

Carrol