[lbo-talk] Hitchens Reviews "Darkness At Noon"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 02:47:23 PDT 2005

Wow, Lewis Grizzard and Paula Poundstone, 1992 on Comedy Central "Indecision '92." Where are my Spin Doctors, Teenage Fanclub, Belly, Smithereens, Alarm, and Dee-Lite records? This is a flashback to a weird era.

-B.

--

Michael Hoover wrote:

>re. hitchens on tv, he was kicked off of comedy
central's 'indecision 92' prez convention coverage for using word fuck (more than once, if memory serves), cc's coverage was by far the best of any network, hosted by al franken, with hitchens (for one night anyway before he got tossed), american enterpise institute's norm ornstein (quite funny conservative poli sci guy), now deceased atlanta- constituton humourist lewis grizzard (hard-drinking guy who died young), paula poundstone, and i can't recall who else...

>anyway, i remember it rather fondly, good on him for
that...