[lbo-talk] white Americans think Kanye West is wrong

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:13:33 PDT 2005

Doug:
> More uncharacteristic individualism! It's not about personal
> relations, it's about how people get sorted into their social roles.
> Black people are less likely to be doctors and more likely to be
> sanitation workers than white people. A black doctor is likely to be
> paid less than a white doctor with similar education and experience.
> Etc.

You should have posted the whole paragraph the penultimate sentence of which says that I am just trying to disclose my own cognitive bias on the issue rather than to explain or settle anything. All that I am saying is that I do not empathize with people showing certain behavioral characteristics - I am not trying to explain why they are showing them. If I were, however, I would favor a multi-factor model over simplistic denunciations.

Wojtek