[lbo-talk] Hey Mr. bitter expat

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Thu Sep 22 08:07:47 PDT 2005

Just the other day (22/9/05 12:54 am), Gary? opined:
> On 9/21/05, ravi <listmail at kreise.org> wrote:
>
>> well, i am no expert, but last i checked: germany does not permit
>> citizenship for me, period, and the work permit has strict limits
>
> why the hell would you want to become a german ravi ? ;o) Actually I
> loved Germany, and France, countryside not Paris and Italy felt like a
> long lost home, p'raps i just love old ruins.

well, yeah, who wouldn't want to live in italy -- a previous poster (lance murdoch?) mentioned that they even have fairies in villas, there! the germans -- they are a funny bunch, they have great beer... but i would probably prefer to live in italy, france, austria (hello haidar!), spain or the UK...

> <...>
> Racism they have in abundance, along with delusions of grandeur. When
> they're not being pig ignorant they're being snobs and when they are
> neither of those they're toffee nosed fuckwits

yeah, so what? so is every other population i have seen. the flip side of the delusions of grandeur is that the british (in some sense which i have to define shortly) not only know that an outside world exists, but that it is significant. its probably a poor example to illustrate my point but i will toss it out anyway: some of the best indian food is to be had in london (and vicinity). otoh, chinese food in the US tastes nothing at all like food in china.

> I've asked Suzanne if she wants to ride down with me Saturday.

we'll be going down on sat too... if you decide not to ride, let me know. i am still hoping to find 6 people to get the amtrak deal (nobody @ UFPJ even responded to my email, nor do they seem to have posted this useful info on the rally web page. sad!). we can meet up in philly or trenton and take the train down.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!