[lbo-talk] Poltical effect of Hurricane Rita

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Thu Sep 22 09:29:30 PDT 2005

Does anyone wish to speculate on the potential political effect of Rita? Let's suppose that it hits Houston hard, but with minimal loss of life: does that reduce some of the Katrina ignominy that currently still clings to the Administration? Or does it increase the ignominy because it will starkly reveal the criminal negligence that attended Katrina? Neither? Both? Something else altogether? (Apologies if this has already been discussed: my email server went down last night, and I haven't yet recovered all my messages.)