[lbo-talk] DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Sep 23 12:00:12 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> So how many people are going to DC tomorrow to demand an end to the war?
> I'm just not hearing much talk about it, so I'm wondering about turnout.

It will be a huge bust and the hurricane will help cover up another embarassment by our friends. There is little buzz on the ground about the Washington protests.

It just goes to show how bankrupt the strategy of organizing symbolic mass national mobilizations by Leninist/Democrat front groups really is. Public opinion has turned against the war and the antiwar movement has had nothing to with with that shift. Right now it's probably best to support counter-recruitment campaigns and alternative media which have been hitting the Bush regime hard for several years.

Oh yeah, let me just point out that I'm not against national mass mobilizations, I'm just against ANSWER and UFPJ and their butt dumb strategies (or lack thereof).

Chuck0