[lbo-talk] corps & single-payer

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 29 08:10:30 PDT 2005

John Lacny wrote:

>It's my recollection that while no major corporation has come out in
>FAVOR of single-payer per se, there have been some transnationals
>that have gone on record -- in the course of union negotiations --
>that their costs are lower in Canada than the US, and that the
>national health insurance program makes the difference.

Yup, but I suspect they would never come out for single-payer for ideological reasons.

On my radio show this evening, I'll be interviewing someone from Greenpeace on the insurance industry's position on global warming. Though European reinsurance firms like Munich Re and Swiss Re are concerned, U.S. inscos aren't. Ideology again, it seems.

Doug