[lbo-talk] Immigration and Retirement

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:10:21 PDT 2006

I posted: <blockquote> Yes, but only a handful of countries -- mostly European countries except Chile and South Korea -- have agreements with the US: <http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factsheets/USandMexico.htm> (I'm assuming that the list here is up-to-date).

What if you were born in Lebanon, worked in France, the US, and Argentina, and retired in Mexico (or something like that)?</blockquote>

I just checked the most up-to-date list and realized that things had already changed since I had talked with my lawyer about this. Japan is the 21st country -- of the 21 countries that have totalization agreements with the US -- to sign one with the US -- effective 1 October 2005! <http://www.socialsecurity.gov/international/agreements_overview.html>

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>