[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Thu Apr 20 08:54:01 PDT 2006

At around 20/4/06 11:20 am, info at pulpculture.org wrote:

> The analogy is, of course, the fact that, as Carrol once noted long ago,
> raising feminist issues in a male-dominated space like LBO is a total
> joke. I'd find the quote, but I'm too lazy. :)
>
> Feminists feel alienated by the male left...

Why is that? After all Feminist and male are not mutually exclusive circles. I am a feminist (or at least so I believe) and I think I would get as fair a hearing on feminist issues on LBO as I would for the other 'ists' that I am (and their issues). What am I missing?

Though, as noted in my previous post, the thing with 'ism's and being 'ist's is that I have to watch out for blinkers (of both types) and also each member's version of the 'ism' might be different (as seen by the many debates on Bitch|Lab).

--ravi