[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Apr 20 09:05:34 PDT 2006

At 11:54 AM 4/20/2006, ravi wrote:
>At around 20/4/06 11:20 am, info at pulpculture.org wrote:
> >
> > The analogy is, of course, the fact that, as Carrol once noted long ago,
> > raising feminist issues in a male-dominated space like LBO is a total
> > joke. I'd find the quote, but I'm too lazy. :)
> >
> > Feminists feel alienated by the male left...
> >

>Why is that? After all Feminist and male are not mutually exclusive
>circles. I am a feminist (or at least so I believe) and I think I would
>get as fair a hearing on feminist issues on LBO as I would for the other
>'ists' that I am (and their issues). What am I missing?
>
>Though, as noted in my previous post, the thing with 'ism's and being
>'ist's is that I have to watch out for blinkers (of both types) and also
>each member's version of the 'ism' might be different (as seen by the
>many debates on Bitch|Lab).

ravi -- is anyone bringing them up now that Yoshie and I don't post as much? it's been cracking me up watching how, in the absence of people like me, yoshie, brian, and others yakking about this, de nada.

but i don't really have time for this. the notion that you can't even see it's absence is fucking irritating me and I suspect that's exactly how marta feels: the complete and utter absence of any discussion unless _she_ brings it up.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org