[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 21 07:08:39 PDT 2006

Kelley:
> why golly gee I jiss don't know how it works. Me and my silly
> ol' blonde self jiss 'magines these ideas up and seems so
> wunnerful an idea I can't resist sharin' wit y'all.
> Well I be fibbin' coz you know, I ashully larn a lotta 'boud
> it in my travels in the library and knowin' some real, live
> feminist womens.

No need to be flippant. I did not question the sophistication of consciousness raising efforts, but their utility. Like Catholic theology or neo-classical economic theory, postmodern discourse/theory is a very intricate and sophisticated endeavor - it just that its usefulness approaches zero. A lot of steam, all right, but most of it going into the whistle.

Wojtek