[lbo-talk] Borat revisited

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 14 08:24:04 PST 2006

Wendy:

>> Moscow Rules 2007 <<

Tinker, tailor, barman, hooker

Britain may be cosying up to Russia in public,

but behind the scenes it's different. MI5 has

produced a new handbook to help Brits working

in Russia avoid the attentions of the FSB.

[WS:] Hookers, barmen - this is basically what is on those guys' minds. They are predictable like bowel movement. In one of my previous lives I had a (civilian) job at a DoD outfit, and the job required undergoing a "security training" every year. It was same old shit every time, do not gamble or drink and beware of hookers and friendly guys at local pubs - they may be spies. I was severely rebuked when I started poking fun of this BS - security was very serious matter, I was told, and I could get myself fired for not treating it as such.

Wojtek