[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Dec 23 09:48:32 PST 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> One of my main questions about postmodernism/poststructuralism has always
> been what social and political practice has it brought about ? What social
> and political practices _has_ it brought about so far ?

In short: not much. Some of the intersex activists draw on the gender performativity stuff; Bitch may be able to provide some other examples.

Foucault and Zizek are definitely not inciting the masses right now to challenge the ruling class (but to be fair, that's true of Marx too, so they're in good company).

Miles