[lbo-talk] Link to Muhammed cartoons

Chris Brooke chris.brooke at magdalen.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 10:05:16 PST 2006

On 2/2/06 16:51, "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> i.e., Chirac ("escroc" = crook or swindler) and Villepin. The links
> to "Proud of Britain" don't work, but they sound rather National
> Frontish.

I don't know about Chirac, etc., here, but the "Proud of Britain" stuff is about something else.

Last year the Labour Party here launched a stupid, stupid website, proudofbritain.org.uk I think, on which loyal citizens were supposed to say how proud they were of, um, Britain; and proudofbritain.net (I think it was that URL, anyway) was a parody site that was launched to make fun of Mr Blair and to mess around with Google, for anyone who was searching on the phrase "Proud of Britain".

Chris