[lbo-talk] Oscars and Queers Who Die

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 19:14:26 PST 2006

The interesting thing is that you are all just projecting (much as Ennis did) that Jack did indeed die at the hands of homophobes. An argument could be made that a lot of his fears were based upon his father presenting to him the dead bodies of the gay couple lynched in his town.

Of course, it is entirely possible that Jack was murdered in this way, but the truth is that we only have a fleeting image of such an event, a image that we are led to believe is the product of Ennis' mind.

-Thomas