[lbo-talk] Re: freedom, double standards, etc.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 4 17:24:29 PST 2006

Jim Devine wrote:

>while Holocaust denial is morally wrong, intellectually stupid, etc.,
>should Germany jail people who embrace it? If Scott is asking that
>question, it's worth talking about (unless it's been discussed to
>death already). I don't see why he should be expelled from the list.

He's deposited a long string of offensive remarks, but the tone of the last was just too friendly to Holocaust deniers for my taste. If there hadn't been the prehistory, I wouldn't have kicked him, but since there was, I did.

I really don't see the point of having an open mind or critical spirit about the Holocaust. That's something entirely different from criticizing the use to which Zionists put the Holocaust, but I've never known Scott to be that subtle.

Doug