[lbo-talk] Re: freedom, double standards, etc.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 07:55:17 PST 2006

Jim Devine wrote:
> while Holocaust denial is morally wrong, intellectually stupid, etc.,
> should Germany jail people who embrace it? If Scott is asking that
> question, it's worth talking about (unless it's been discussed to
> death already). I don't see why he should be expelled from the list.
>
> On 2/4/06, Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:

Expelled? That would be chilling.... Could I get kicked for saying that there's no evidence that Saddam Hussein slaughtered 10s of thousands of Kurds?

I was jumped a few months back about that, and now USAToday reports:

USA TODAY Little links Saddam to bloody 1982 crackdown

BAGHDAD, (AP) — After four months and 26 witnesses, prosecutors in the Saddam Hussein trial have offered little credible testimony directly linking the former leader to the killings and torture for which he's charged. [..] http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-02-04-saddam-trial_x.htm?csp=34

Hey DUDE, (that's you Doug), some people, my dad included, stopped buying Fords and other U.S. made products that helped the german war effort... ITT, Dupont (IG Farben).

I could go on about who's responsible... and who lied about what...

or an EXACT body count (Western people LOVE body counts... Like harvest time - Vine Deloria)

...and who made the $$$ from the holocaust, the US (that's us) made out like a bandit from the war in europe, and wrote the fairy tales too!

Jailing people who are ostensibly holocaust deniers or questioners IS an attempt to suppress whatever TRUTH may come from it, and is reprehensible.

IMHO, suppressing the 'deniers' makes a replay MUCH more likely.

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/