[lbo-talk] citizens & SP

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Feb 9 11:20:34 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Devine" <jdevine03 at gmail.com> -me: the most important question is whether or not a proposal or demand -encourages people to get excited and involved in the process, beyond -the usual suspects (lbo-talkers, union officials, professional -politicians, etc.)

Which is why at the moment I'm much more excited by the "fair share" legislation targetting employers like Wal-Mart than single payer, since a whole bunch of folks are very excited and involed in thinking about challenging irresponsible corporations, rather than sitting in wonk rooms to design the perfect payment system for health care.

Nathan Newman