[lbo-talk] What is you know what ?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 07:36:39 PST 2006

The Italians enacted anti-Jewish legislation in 1938, in order to please Hitler. For the almost 2-year history of fascism prior, there were no such laws. There were Jews in the Fascist Party.

They did look down on Ethiopians and other Africans, but so did the Brits at the same time. (I'd say race was actually more central to the ideology of the British Empire than that of Fascist Italy.) They also looked back at a mythologized national heritage, but ethnicity was not the main thing. In the Doctine of Fascism (the text of which I posted a while ago) by Il Duce, race just does not appear.

Italy actually had one of the best records in Europe during the Holocaust, with 80% of Italian Jews surviving. By the way, according to Nazi ideology, aren't Italians something near to Untermenschen?