[lbo-talk] Query: informed articulate left coaster for single payer health debate

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jan 19 20:42:00 PST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Gar Lipow wrote:

> Can anyone recommend someone good for the pro side in a debate on single
> payer health care? Upper left coast, so unless the person is really into
> traveling they should live somewhere in area from Portland Oregon to
> Seattle Washington. We need somebody not only knowledgable, but good at at
> debate before a popular audience.

I'd contact Physicians for a National Health Program:

A big part of their activity is training physicians among their members to become public speakers to go to gatherings like yours. I'm not positive they have people on the West Coast, but I think it's likely. And if not, I'd bet they'd have a suggestion.

I don't know how closely monitored their website mail is, so if you don't get a response and you're in a hurry, you might try emailing Steffie Woolhandler or David Himmelstein directly.

Michael