[lbo-talk] Woman fired from bus driver job for being a witch

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Fri Jan 20 09:35:46 PST 2006

At 11:53 AM 1/20/2006, Stephen Philion wrote:
>Joanna asked:
>
>Well, was she fired for being a witch or for being delusional?
>
>I mean, if she had claimed to be a saint or an angel, would she also have
>lost her job?
>
>Joanna
>
>--I'd guess the former. It can't be the delusional part, lots of bus
>drivers in Minnesota believe in a god born of a virgin, devils, angels,
>and other oddities...
>
>Steve

The article portrays her as someone who simply believes in Wicca. I know plenty of people who believe that. Either way, don't they have a lawsuit on their hands? Religious discrimination or discrimination against the disabled (where she should have been put on disability leave, not terminated).

Kelley

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org