[lbo-talk] OK, Nathan

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 31 13:47:20 PST 2006

leninology.blogspot.com writes:

> The Democrats took money from Abramoff,

This is a lie. You could have taken exactly one minute and investigated this here:

http://www.capitaleye.org/abramoff_donor.asp

Note the bar graph showing donations from Abramoff and his wife. The bars are red for Republicans and blue for Democrats. What's that you say? The bars are ALL red? There's a reason for that.

The tribes that happened to be Abramoff's clients also gave money to Democrats, but that is not the same as saying that Democrats took money from Abramoff. They didn't. It's a total lie, and it's repeated on places like Fox News and by people like Katie Couric as a way to obscure the true nature of this scandal. Whatever else you do in this debate, kindly do not repeat the RNC talking points.

As to the rest of the substance of this debate, I don't really see what everyone's so jacked up about. I hate the fact that Alito is going to be on the Supreme Court, but Bush was eventually going to get one of his assholes on there anyway, no matter what the Democrats do. There are plenty of other things to get pissed off about instead of fighting losing battles like this. In fact, we probably should have all been happy had they just settled for Harriet Fucking Meiers.