[lbo-talk] On Anti-Americanism and Ant

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 15:33:02 PDT 2006

Steven L. Robinson:

>Query - whether the imperialisms of the EU, South
Korea >or Japan are capable of acting against the interests or >the expressed wishes of the US.

Of course. That's exactly what Schroeder's "no" to the Iraq war was.

And as I understand it, the USA was opposed to Genscher's push for recognition of Slovenia.

Just because German imperialism has no hope militarily against American imperialism does not mean that they are not attempting to pursue their interests against American imperialism whenever they have the opportunity.

It is fairly obvious to me that Germany tries to secure its interests against Washington by meddling in the Latin America backyard, and that Washington is doing the same thing by seeking allies in Eastern Europe who are natural opponents of German great power ambitions.