[lbo-talk] We're all Hezbollah...

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 08:26:57 PDT 2006

>I have no problem with Hezbollah shooting at the Israeli military in
>Lebanon. I do have a problem with their lobbing rockets at civilian
>targets in northern Israel, and their ideology. Israel is doubtless the
>major wrongdoer in the region, but I just can't bring myself to identify
>with Hezbollah.

It's up to you who you identify with, as I say. I'm only responding to the questions and claims made of my particular action in that particular demo.

>While we're on the topic of narcissism and ego-ideals, I think your
>outrage the liberals/tough guy Leninist schtick is your own way of
>flattering yourself. You're not alone in that; we all flatter ourselves in
>one way or another.

I promise you I would much rather everyone on this mailing list agreed with me. I don't find it flattering or amusing to be in a minority. I do get a kick out of annoying political enemies, but y'all aren't enemies. Are you?

>But don't pretend you don't get a charge out of annoying "liberals" - or
>even using "liberal" as a term of abuse against people who just aren't as
>"Marxist" as you.

If you feed a liberal or you fund a liberal, you're a liberal. That would be tough guy talk. I'm not here to annoy anyone, but I do get a touch ruffled myself when people have the insolence to disagree with me. It angries up my blood. You'll have to excuse me if I insist on putting this down to a certain residual commitment to liberalism on the part of interlocutors.

_________________________________________________________________ Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters