[lbo-talk] MP fails to condemn Killing of Children

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 17:43:02 PDT 2006

I was drawing attn. to the overheated rhetoric of some sectors of the US Left that allege a ZioNazi genocide against Arabs and Muslims. I might be a "excitable boy" ala the late Warren Zevon, but, I ain't gonna take your bait Joanna. But, both sides, there see this as a War. It would be more conducive to debate for those such as you who do desire the destruction of the Zionist Entity, in toto, to be honest about that. Kaffiyeh wearing activists in San Francisco who I've heard chant, "Kill the fucking Jews!, " and, ""We don't care what you say, intifada all the way We don't care what you say, Hezbollah all the way We don't care what you say, Hezbollah all the way Palestine will be free Palestine will be free
>From the river to the sea, " certainly are.

From the River to the Sea is a call to ethnically cleanse Israel, within the '67 borders, of Jews. Highly unlikely, yes, but, why do the extremist sectors of the pro-Palestinian solidarity movement here, entertain a set of fantastic illusions that produce no forward motion towards a restart of the peace process, just a mirror of hawkishness on the Israeli Right.

The attempt to paint me as some type of bloodthirsty ghoul, some type of philo-Zionist military strategist exulting over Arab death caused by the IDF, doesn't correlate to any image friends, family or comrades have. When I have discussed these issues with real right-wing Zionists at their rallies (organized by the same orgs. that called this rally, http://www.zombietime.com/solidarity_with_israel/ ) I have been as querilous, even sickened by their politics, as I am towards Leftists here who support explicitly (or implicitly, seeing Hizbollah and Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc. as useful cat's paws to destroy the Zionist entity, in toto).

Negotiations can and have had useful results in the past, when Israel had Fatah as a partner across the table. Vs. Hizbollah and Hamas, which in their charter quotes from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, I'm not optimistic that the militarist wing of Hizbollah can be split off. ((IRA, Sinn Fein) The current negotiating proposals, which do not call for a more "robust" set of rules of engagement for UNIFIL, are a fantasy.

-- Michael Pugliese