[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn going the Hitchens way?

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 03:37:10 PDT 2006

On 6/19/06, Michael J. Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:
> I know a guy who works for the CIA, and a couple of others
> who wanted to work for the CIA but were turned away, I suspect
> because they were _too_ crazy. The guy who got in is just
> crazy enough. He's read every word Tom Clancy ever wrote,
> and that's saying something.

I remember their recruiting literature from undergrad. They made a big deal about how many PhDs work for them and they definitely did not encourage Segal fans -- don't they subcontract the wetwork anyway?

I imagine they have plenty of intelligent, thoughtful people who haven't faced the moral implications of their work and perspective. The sort of people that go on to get interviewed by Tom Englehart. Betcha you've been there too, though maybe not in as deep of a pit.

-- Andy