[lbo-talk] Nathan Newman's "Why Unions? Labor 101" featured on DailyKos

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 00:23:08 PDT 2006

[Apologies if this has been forwarded here before. I guess this came about because of his YearlyKos participation? I dunno. -B.]

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/13/103516/674

Why Unions? Labor 101 by NathanNewman

Tue Jun 13, 2006 at 07:35:16 AM PDT

With the interest shown and questions raised in yesterday's post about labor and YearlyKos, I thought I'd follow up with this adaptation of a series of posts I wrote on my own blog a number of years ago. It starts with a personal story from my first job as a union organizer in Las Vegas nearly twenty years ago, then talks about what unions do to raise wages, how they help the economy, and why they matter for progressive politics. It'll be a bit long but it can hopefully give links and references that folks can followup with at their leisure.

NathanNewman's diary:

Why Unions? Human Dignity

You can start at the AFL-CIO's own site on Why People Join Unions for some basic information.

[...] [Rest is at URL above.]