[lbo-talk] WBAI in action

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Mar 5 12:40:02 PST 2006

Chuck wrote:

>I have a more pressing question: does anybody know how to convert a
>CD music file into an MP3 file? I want to use a song in my podcast,
>but Audacity won't import CD files. I set up iTunes and it claims
>that it converted the song to MP3, but it won't let me save the file
>to disk.

The Mac version of iTunes does it; I've done it hundreds of times. Are you sure it just doesn't save the file in the default iTunes directory?

I also use a cheap shareware sound editor (Sound Studio, again for a Mac) that can open CD files directly, and then allows you to save them as AIFFs - 10 times bigger, but better sound.

Doug