[lbo-talk] WBAI in action

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Mon Mar 6 03:22:08 PST 2006

Chuck wrote:

> I have a more pressing question: does anybody know how to

> convert a CD music file into an MP3 file? I want to use a

> song in my podcast, but Audacity won't import CD files. I

> set up iTunes and it claims that it converted the song to

> MP3, but it won't let me save the file to disk.

Are you running Windows? To rip CD tracks I use a free program called Exact Audio Copy, and to encode the track to MP3 there's another free program, a command-line encoder, called LAME, and a GUI front-end for it called Razorlame. You can probably find these with Google, but if you can't let me know and I'll send you the install files.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net