[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 14:45:40 PST 2006

Yeah, I remember hearing a lot of US/Brit pop when I was in Guatemala in 1976. I had successfully avoided Paul McCartney's "Silly Little Love Song" in the U.S., but it was impossible in Guatemala.

BTW, a lot of the cultural penetration (as it were) occurs because of dumping. I have heard of Chinese rockers who have imitated "Western" styles (e.g., the Clash) because they found CDs in the garbage dump.

On 3/5/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You can find traces of "Western" culture (as locally
> interpreted) everywhere.
-- Jim Devine / Bust Big Brother Bush! "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." -- Gertrude Stein