[lbo-talk] FBI Grills Professor Critical of U.S. Venezuela Policy

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Mar 10 13:27:12 PST 2006

Steven L. Robinson wrote:
> The "f" word is largely meaningless anyway. But this is just one more
> sign of authoritarianism creeping into US political life. Such FBI
> harassment is neither new or unusual but when considered along with the
> Patriot Act, warrantless searches, the Lynne Stewart prosecution etc etc
> of recent years, we see a federal government determined to narrow the
> range of dissent that is permissible. SR

I'm more pissed at activists and dissenters who engage in self-censorship and who won't protest, than I am at the government. I've come to expect the same old shit from the U.S. government. Another thing that pisses me off are all the liberals and leftists who moan and complain about George Bush when Democratic regimes have been just as bad.

Whatever, just preaching to the choir on a Friday afternoon.

Chuck