[lbo-talk] HUAC comes to Pacifica Radio Again

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 14 11:19:17 PST 2006

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Okay, I apologize for misinterpreting your post. I agree that
>getting involved with Pacifica governance is a daunting proposition
>at best and my initial reaction perhaps partly due to being too
>accustomed to being in combat mode. I do think - despite our
>differences on almost everything - that voices such as yours are
>important to what Pacifica is about. I hope you continue staying
>involved in your own way.

Thanks. I'm taking the unusual step of going to the program director's staff meeting tomorrow night. I'm foregoing what could be a very fun party for this duty!

I wonder what (WBAI program director) Bernard White has been screaming about? There was a similar incident about 10 days ago, in which he screamed so violently at interim station manager Indra Hardat that, as my source on this told me, in a normal workplace he'd have been taken away in handcuffs. Rumor is that she told him that given his record, he has no business making programming changes, but I don't know if that part is true. The first part, the screaming fit, definitely is.

Doug