[lbo-talk] HUAC comes to Pacifica Radio Again

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:59:38 PST 2006

Good to hear, Doug, more power to you - you'll need it ;-). Long term suggestion: if a handful of LBOers from the New York area who are WBAI listeners organized themselves and ran for the Local Station Board it could help effect a quantum shift for the better at WBAI and across the network. You can even run as a slate, that way you would have strength in numbers and it would be easier to organize votes etc. It really is do-able - it just requires that people care a little. All that's needed at WBAI/Pacifica is a little common sense and decency and knowing how to fight fair - as there will always be differences. I think LBOers as a group have as good a sense of what ails Pacifica, all it would take would be a a year or so of painful meetings and strategizing that I think will in the long run be worthwhile. I hope some people consider this. The next round of elections are in the fall.

Joe W.