[lbo-talk] Re: Blaming the lobby

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Mon Mar 27 11:27:11 PST 2006

Julio Huato wrote:
> But regardless of how uneasy and complicated that combination is, I
> would try not to lose sight of the big issue here: In all counts (big
> oil, Zionism, and the military-industrial complex) the interests of
> most U.S. capitalists (and people) are being sacrificed.
>
> Just to give an idea of the direct pecuniary cost involved, M&W
> estimate the total milking of U.S. taxpayers to help radical Zionism
> in $3 billion per year or "$500 a year for every Israeli" (as if each
> Israeli got its share!). Tiny compared to the U.S. budget ($2
> trillion) or total corporate gross profits ($1.2 trillion).

But isn't this also an effective indirect US government subsidy to the US military industries? Money goes from the US taxpayer, to Israel and then back to the US military corporations. The great majority of this military funding for Israel must be spent on buying US made equipment. (75 percent according to M&W)...and Israel Military Industries also has large joint development contracts with the US.

That may not be beneficial to US capitalists as a whole, but it sure sounds like a cozy situation for a certain sector of US capital.

And also, it isn't fair, I didn't even get to see my $500 worth. :-(