[lbo-talk] Juan Cole whacks Hitch the Snitch

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 06:45:16 PDT 2006

>From: "Andy F" <andy274 at gmail.com>
>
>On 5/3/06, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
>>On 5/3/06, Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Prof. Cole's evolution - right before our eyes - from
>> > academic, simply trying to provide 'deep background'
>> > and sharing what he knows, to an unapologetic and
>> > intellectually well-armed foe of the neocon agenda
>> > (and bullshit arguments in general) has been
>> > fascinating.
>>
>>Very well put. In some ways, the trajectory of his radicalization is
>>reminiscent to that of Paul Krugman.
>
>Scott Ritter, too. We could probably find other examples out there,
>to varying degrees.

We are witnessing the End of an Error. The quarter-century rule of idiocy ushered in by Ronald Reagan is now collapsing due to the world-historical blunders of George Bush -- a spectacle I term Bubbadämmerung. This has triggered all sorts of curious transformations, with some of the leftiest criticism these days coming from conservatives like Kevin Phillips and Paul Craig Roberts, who played key roles in *creating* the fucking mess we're in.

It would be nice if "real" lefties were able to regain the initiative for hard-hitting, high-profile criticism from these right-wing apostates.

Carl