[lbo-talk] 29%

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 07:01:46 PDT 2006

On 5/12/06, mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> President Bush's job-approval rating has fallen to its
> lowest mark of his presidency, according to a new
> Harris Interactive poll. Of 1,003 U.S. adults surveyed
> in a telephone poll, 29% think Mr. Bush is doing an
> "excellent or pretty good" job as president, down from
> 35% in April and significantly lower than 43% in
> January.

Stats question: almost every poll I've heard of shows his rating going down monotonically (ie, always going down, without any deviations up).

With a 4-ish % error, wouldn't you expect the slope to be a little rougher? Or am I not seeing a full sample of polls with standard methodology?

Oooh, what a fun example this would be in a stats class!

-- Andy