[lbo-talk] Focus on Iran and Palestine, Not Iraq

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 16 14:07:25 PDT 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> But Washington hasn't resolved to do so yet. So we
> got a window of opportunity to shift our focus onto Iran, which has
> yet to be destroyed.

Our strength to make a difference here is almost totally centered in whatever current anti-war organization exists, and that organization can only be maintained at any level by continuing, at whatever level possible, our critique of the Iraq Occupation. One can _mentally_ focus on Iran, but the possibilities, at this time, of actual political mobilizing around Iran seems to me to be nil.

Perhaps we should shift our emphasis on raising the political understanding of those still involved in local anti-war work.

Carrol