[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Nov 2 12:45:34 PST 2006

joanna wrote:

> Well my marriage broke up over an SUV. My ex went out to buy the Sunday
> paper and returned with a brand new Toyota 4-runner. Since I had just
> finished putting him through school for the second time -- while
> basically supporting the family throughout our off-again-on-again
> marriage--this was a very bad move. He then proceeded to get four moving
> violation tickets, thus making his insurance go through the roof. And
> yes, the description above fits him quite well, except he loved doing
> off the road driving.
>
> It does not fit a close friend and mother of four, who also has an SUV
> --a rover I think -- and who is one of the nicest, most decent women I
> know and who volunteers for everything.

True. Many SUVs are driven by ASSHOLES--I deal with them ont he raods all of the time--but many families use SUVs as the equivalent to station wagons. Just check out the vehicles parked along the roads on weekends when kids are playing soccer. I think you'll find more SUVs than minivans these days.

Sorry to hear about your asshole ex. I would cut off relations with a friend who disrespected me for a tenth of what you evidently went through.

I almost had a car accident last night. Some dumbshit ran a red light and I was lucky that my reflexes were quick enough. Our cars came within inches of a collision.

Chuck