[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Nov 3 11:44:27 PST 2006

Charles writes:

> I don't feel power or strength because
> the physical power is all in the car not me.

So when you press the pedal with your foot, and the machine that you're being carried by responds in kind, and you feel the physical response of acceleration, your brain doesn't go 2 + 2 = I'm Making This Thing Go?

I feel the way you're talking about riding in an airliner seat or rollercoaster -- just along for the ride -- but driving a car (or bike or even Segway) completes the action-reaction cycle physically and psychologically for me. I've never wondered if I'm alone in this.

http://infothecary.org/jordan/88car.jpg