[lbo-talk] Re: Kael (was Edelstein on Altman)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Nov 25 19:37:12 PST 2006

Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

>> People get very pretentious about movies and I thought
>
> she injected a certain healthy .....skepticism.
>
> It is not skepticism. She is saying that film is not an art form.

Did she really say that? Or did she warn us that our insistence on turning movies (entertainment) into films (art) would work to the detriment of entertainment as well as art.

I mean, she did come to Berkeley and play a very large role into making the locals hip to some of the best European films of her time. That seems unlikely for someone who only liked movies as trash.

Joanna