[lbo-talk] Let's Build

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 14 13:51:50 PDT 2006

Alienation? That's just nonsense conjured up by elites and academics to keep the working class from reaching the state of bliss that only commodity consumption can bring.

How can one be alienated if they have their own hot-tub and a Hummer? Besides, as James asks, where else should they live but in a house. There is no alternative.

James argument reminds me of an analogy I use with students when this subject arises. If elites are shitting in the pool because it feels good should we work to stop them or should we encourage everyone to take part in a collective dump?

John Thornton