[lbo-talk] Dealing with the 'new anti-semitism'

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sun Sep 3 08:07:14 PDT 2006

At 10:45 AM -0400 3/9/06, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>B.Bartlett:
>
>>Perhaps you are deliberately trying to provoke outrage, that is to
>>say you are a pure and genuine Troll?
>>
>>Any way I look at it, you're a fascinating subject. Never come
>>across anything quite like it before. Anyone else got any thoughts?
>
>Bingo, dingo! A foole wearing a mask of absurdity, killing time by
>tweaking the list. Pretty obvious early on, which is why one should
>rarely, if ever, engage the anonymous. They can say anything and
>risk nothing, cowards in an age of serious criminality. Not worth
>the energy, comrade.

Well I tend to be a bit slow about that kind of thing, touch of Aspergers you see. So I usually just try to engage what people say at face value. But because of my disability I'm more than usually fascinated by people's motivations, its just a great puzzle to me.

I always like to think I learn something from such encounters though, in which case it would indeed be worth the energy, to me. Although, to be honest, its probably akin to someone who's colour blind thinking he's gained an insight into colour.

I've heard about trolls, seen people accused of it, but always previously seen some merit in their arguments, This is the first time I've ever come across someone who persistently and unusually mechanically, keeps repeating patent absurdities. That is to say, absurdities that even I can see are without merit. While always seeming to mis-hear, misinterpret, or be magnificently oblivious to facts which contradict.

Anyhow. I'm waffling. Still trying to get my head around things it isn't built to understand.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas