[lbo-talk] bagels/ethnicity

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Sep 9 13:41:47 PDT 2006

Well, as they say in the software world: Ist it a bug, or is it a feature?

Violating traditional practices can lead to dreck or lead to pizza!

Cookery (which includes bagles) is an ever evolving art; it's fun to experiment. A friend of my sister's was mucking around and came up with one of the most delicious concoctions I've ever tasted (consisting of olive oil, diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and feta). Now this is either a crime against Romanian tradition or the most wonderful thing you've ever tasted.

At the same time, we live in a capitalist world whose survival depends on infinite diversifications, on creating urges you never knew you had. So, add that to the mix.

Buy the bagels you like and fogeddaboutit.

Joanna