[lbo-talk] bagels/ethnicity

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 10 19:44:38 PDT 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> I was going to bring that up. That's what's so funny about this
> original discussion being posed as if bagels and pizza were
> traditional things that were handed down pristine and perfect and
> shouldn't be messed with.

According to an article in an inflight airline mag I read once, something similar is true of sushi - that originally in Japan it was special-occasion food, but in recent decades, they've imported American-style sushi, and it's become more of an everyday thing. Of course, inflight mags might not be the best source...

Doug