[lbo-talk] IMF Chairman Says Russia Guilty of Resource Nationalism

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:25:42 PDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:Not _many_. Not the major ones. (Russia has hate-speech laws, but they are selectively enforced.) Zavtra has a large circulation and has a reputation for anti-Semitism, but I have never read it. However its reputation is so strong I that I think it probably is.

Many quotes and illustrations from Zavtra and other Russian newspapers in, " Black Hundred: The Rise of the Extreme Right in Russia, ' by Walter Laqueur.

Yrs. ago you said you never heard of him, http://www.google.com/search?q=laqueur+zavtra http://context.themoscowtimes.com/story/170447/

http://www.social-ecology.org/lgp/issues/lgp34.html Left Green Perspectives (formerly Green Perspectives) Is Russia on the Road to Dictatorship? by Markus Mathyl Editors' note: This article explores the affiliations of self-styled Communist parties in Russia with parties of the nationalist and fascist right. These groups share a common opposition to the government and policies of Boris Yeltsin and together constitute the "national-patriotic opposition." The article was published in the German anarchosyndicalist newspaper Direkte Aktion in September 1994, two months before the Russian war against Chechnya began. Although groupings and alliances in the current Russian parliamentary election campaigns may have different names and some different personnel from those described below, the basic ideological convergence of Communists and fascists remains unchanged—if anything, they have only drawn closer together in the past fourteen months.

-- Michael Pugliese