[lbo-talk] Tony Judt on the death of liberalism in America

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 07:47:58 PDT 2006

Chuck --

> Are you fucking putting words in my mouth that I never said?

No -- I quoted you exactly: "I don't remember much about the Contras."

Now, when called on it, you suddenly add, "I don't remember enough about the Contras to know about the DIFFERENT FACTIONS WITHIN THE CONTRAS."

Oh. Of course. How evident that was in your original statement.

As for the rest of your ramblings, I hope that the armchair you're sitting in is somewhat comfortable. What better place to pass judgment on those who actually had to deal with superpower terrorism in the real world.

Dennis