[lbo-talk] The Iraq Policy of the U.S. Ruling Class

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Apr 9 08:18:40 PDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 00:37, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> the
> Dems won't withdraw completely because they're afraid
> of being Soft On Defense and Losing Iraq blah blah
> blah;

I know this view is widely shared, but I think it's mistaken. The Democratic Party as an institution(*) appears to be solidly behind the war -- this one, and the imminent next step into Iran. It's not because they're afraid of being seen as soft; it's because they're not soft.

Of course they know that the public is no longer for the war, and so they can profit from making opportunistic noises on the subject. But it's transparently fraudulent.